Walnuts are healthy for you!
Walnuts are part of the tree nut family and researchers now are more than ever convinced that walnuts are extremely healthy for you. They are a perfect way to add extra nutrition and flavor to your daily schedule. They are a rich source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and can easily be added to your meals.
Walnut Health Facts:
Improves Heart Function:
• Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 and are a good source of mono-unsaturated fatty acids such as oleic acid
Improves Bone Health:
• EFA’s from walnuts help improve bone health of the body by increasing calcium absorption and deposition while also reducing urinary calcium excretion
Helps Control Diabetes:
• People that are diagnosed with diabetes can consume walnuts on a regular basis without significant weight gain since they contain a high amount of polyunsaturated and mono-unsaturated fats (Gillen et al. (2005) at the University of Wollongong, Australia)
Helps Fight against Cancer:
• The phenolic compounds and antioxidants found in walnuts have been found to help control human cancer cells, according to the research of Carvalho et al. (2010) from the University of Portugal.
Helps fight against depression and stress
• Often irritability, hyperactivity and tantrums are associated with a lack of omega-3 fatty acids. As such, supplementing a persons diet with walnuts can help alleviate the deficient in EFA’s and can elevate their mood, which helps fight against depression and stress as well.
Packed with Vitamins
• Walnuts are rich in gamma-tocopherol, vitamin E and B-complex vitamins such as folate, riboflavin, panthothenic acid and vitamin B-6
So when someone ask’s you whether or not walnuts are healthy. Definitely tell them walnuts are healthy.
Check out some of our healthy walnuts